Immigration Lawyer – Oakland/San Francisco/San Jose
Immigration attorney Scott Mossman has represented immigrants and their families throughout the San Francisco Bay Area since 2003. He has developed particular expertise in representing noncitizens with an arrest or conviction in their history. This expertise comes from regularly consulting with several criminal defense attorneys. Scott also represents immigrants with other challenging inadmissibility and deportability issues.
Many of our clients were referred to us by criminal defense or immigration attorneys. These attorneys can feel confident in referring clients to Scott Mossman because of his experience and because they know he personally represents his clients at each and every stage of their case.
Types of Immigration Cases We Accept
The Law Office of Scott A. Mossman provides representation in the following types of immigration and naturalization cases:
- Representation at the USCIS San Francisco and San Jose Field Offices, including: applications for naturalization to U.S. citizenship (N-400), immigrant relative petitions (I-130), and applications for permanent resident status/a green card (I-485). In these cases, we represent only clients who live in the counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Sonoma.
- Working with a criminal defense attorney or public defender to minimize the immigration harm from California or federal criminal charges. This includes avoiding conviction of an aggravated felony, crime involving moral turpitude, controlled substance offense, or other inadmissible or deportable offense.
- Representation on immigrant visa applications at U.S. consulates abroad, particularly at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. This includes extreme hardship waivers for unlawful presence, misrepresentation, crimes involving moral turpitude, or removal (I-601, I-601A, I-212 etc.), if necessary. We accept these cases for immigrants who live anywhere in Northern California.
- Representation on U visa petitions for cooperating victims of domestic violence and other violent or serious crimes. We accept these cases for immigrants who live anywhere in Northern California.
- Removal defense in proceedings before the San Francisco Immigration Court, for both detained and non-detained clients.
Contact Us About Representation
If you are interested in hiring Scott Mossman as your immigration attorney, call him at 510-835-1115 or use our consultation request form.